AirAsia India gets nod for 1st international flight

AirAsia is Malaysia's largest airline in terms of fleet size and destinations. AirAsia has scheduled local and international flights to over 165 locations in 25 countries.

AirAsia India gets nod for 1st international flight
AirAsia aircraft. Photo: iStockphoto.

Tata Group's AirAsia India (AAIPL) has finally got the approval to operate its first international flight this month, nearly eight years after it initially began operations. The low-cost carrier, in which Tatas own 83.6 percent and may soon acquire the remaining 16.4% from Malaysian AirAsia Berhad, will run a nonscheduled cargo flight on the Kochi-Dubai-Kochi route.