Aromatherapy spray imported from India linked to melioidosis death cases

The agency was testing if the strain found in the bottle at one of the patient's homes matched with the lab results of all four infections that were closely related.

Aromatherapy spray imported from India linked to melioidosis death cases

Four people from Georgia, Kansas, Minnesota and Texas suffered a tropical disease, and the US health officials have identified the same bacteria, which caused the disease, in an aromatherapy spray imported from India.

On Friday, the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention said that investigators found melioidosis bacteria in one of the patient’s home. Two of the four patients, including a child in Georgia, died.