Majnu-ka-tilla (MT) is a colony in Delhi, India, founded in the 1950's. Samyeling, Chungtown, and New Aruna Nagar Colony are the official names for Majnu-ka-Tilla.
It is a part of the North Delhi district and is situated close to ISBT (Inner State Bus Terminal) Kashmiri Gate on the Yamuna River's (NH-1) side. The area's historical name, Majnu Hill, refers to the tilla or mound where, in 1505, a local Iranian Sufi mystic by the name of Abdulla, nicknamed as Majnu, met Guru Nanak Dev. Seeing Manju’s devotion to God, the Sikh Guru made a stay there for several days.
The sixth Sikh guru, Guru Har Gobind, also made a stay here. Later on, Sikh military leader Baghel Singh Dhaliwal constructed the Majnu ka Tila Gurudwara to honour the visit in 1783. Ranjit Singh, the early 19th-century Sikh ruler, gave the surrounding estate and it is now one of the oldest Sikh shrines still in existence in Delhi.