Highlights OF Prime Minister Narendra Modi's Address
- Vaccinating 100 crore people is a reflection of the capacity of the country
- VIP culture did not overpower the ongoing vaccination drive
- It has taken almost 41 lakh man-days or approximately 11 thousand man-years of effort to reach this landmark of 100 crore doses
- India’s vaccination drive is described as a journey from “anxiety to assurance”
- Trust of the people and the efforts of the health care workers are the main reason for the success.
- Vaccination Programme was completely based on Scientific Methods
- India shows in action as an answer to people who doubted the country’s ability
- Robust tech platform in Cowin ensured that the vaccine drive was equitable, scalable, trackable and transparent
- India is a safer place now
Prime Minister Narendra Modi, while addressing the nation today after the country achieved a record feat of over a billion vaccinations, said that India’s critics had been silenced. “100 crore vaccines is just not a number. It is the reflection of the capacity of this country, this is a new chapter of the country, a country that knows how to achieve huge targets,” he said.
He pointed out that if a health care worker took just two minutes for every vaccination then at this rate it took around 41 lakh man-days or approximately 11 thousand man-years of effort to reach this landmark of 100 crore doses.